Friday, April 18, 2008

Playstation 3 vs. Xbox 360

I have read some pretty bias articles lately on the differences between the Ps 3 and the xbox 360. The Majority of these articles favor the playstation 3 as the Next generation console. Not one of these articles talk about game quality and title availability. They have mostly drooled over the fact that the Ps3 has 7 processors and a 60gb harddrive, so that must make it better. Never once do you read that becuase of those 7 Single layer processors that big game studios have turned Sony exclusive games into xbox 360 games as well. Game titles that include: Final Fantasy XII, Grand Theft Auto IV, Metal Gear Solid IV, Assasains Creed, Guitar Hero II, and the list goes on..

Why are all these ex Sony exlusive titles migrating to the xbox 360? Because Sony has made it so difficult to produce a game for its console that game companies like Rockstar will have to sell 500,000 copies of EACH title just to break even on their game.. The next question I would ask is if it is so hard to make games for the ps3 does that give me better graffix? The answer I'm afraid is NO.. Both consoles support 1080p and frankly I dont know any television that can do better than that.. Infact the ps3 only has 256mb of Ram compared to the 360's 512mb of Ram. I do give the Playstation 3 credit it does have a milionth of a sec. faster load time,but, Frankly I cant see a milonth of a Sec. I can however see the $200.00 price difference and a Milionth of as sec is not worth $200 to me..

Now lets talk about the harddrive size difference.. The playstation 3 does come with a huge 40gb difference in harddrive size. The reason behind this is Sony has made their games harddrive dependent. What exactly does that mean? Well, it means that a portion of every game you put in your ps3 is copied and saved to your harddrive. With this happening to serious gamers like me my harddrive could fill real quick, so I can see why they added an additonal 40gb of space. The xbox 360 supports a smaller 20 gb harddrive but has no software dependancy on it. Anouther words if you dont let it save it wont..

I have also read an article that stated Sony's online media experience was incredible. Come on now, The 360 has a way better media center. You can download brand new release Hd movies to your console for under $5.00, download your favorite television programs like: Lost, CSI, MTV, Sports games and more. Further more your Ipod or Zune player plugs right into your 360 for optimal streaming of music. You can set up your own sound tracks for all games. Not to mention has the best online game play in history. Now with the release of Microsoft Vista you will be able to play 360 vs the pc. Yes, that is right! When the release of a much anticipated game called shadow run releases you will be able to play it on your pc and take advantage of xbox live from any computer. You can use either a Keyboard and mouse or plug your 360 controller right into your usb port. They also have created a adapter for your usb port so you can use your wireless controllers. Xbox 360 has monthly tournaments for gamers to compete for money, has famous actors and other celeberties playing so that you can Q&A them. Lets face it Ps3 can not compare the xbox 360's online experience.

There are alot more inconsitancies in these articles where the writers are ultimatelly bias to Sony. There was an independant research done at the begining of Febuary where they called and found a 84% instock rate on Ps 3's and a 70% instock rate on xbox 360's. For a New console like the Playstation 3 that is having problems delivering quanities to the US, there should be a 0% instock rate like the Nintendo Wii. When the xbox 360 released you could not find a single 360 on a store shelf untill well into the summer and they release 1million more units during launch than the PS3. Sony executives themself have been quoted saying if we do not drop the price, release some better games that people want to buy we will not be able to even think about designing a playstation 4.

People may say that I am a hippacrit, writing an article calling people bias to the Ps3 as I promote the xbox 360. Well, all I can say to defend myself to that is I never played my xbox but for halo, and halo 2. I have allways been a diehard Sony fan. I've waited in line for days at every playstation release, including the ps3. One day I decieded to go play some online game play and walked up to my consoles to turn them. When I got to my entertainment center I realised my ps3 was collecting dust on it's stylish black case. I then began to think that besides Resitance fall of man I havent played any other title on my ps3. Then I looked at my profit op sheet for my store at the New release games coming out. I noticed immidiatelly that all of the releases coming out I have beaten already on my 360. At that point I decieded I wasted $600 of my hard earned cash on a system that I wont play. It's just not me that thinks this way. The country of Japan has allways been a huge Sony follower. They would never buy an american console vs. a Sony product. It was just unthinkable, But, if you take a look at Japans top 10 games for the month of Febuary you will notice that there is not 1 Ps3 game on it. There is two xbox 360 games on it. Now dont misunderstand what I am saying, the playstation 3 is way outselling the xbox 360 in Japan, however, they are not buying games. That is right, the playstation 3 is nothing more than a $600 BlueRay DVD player with an extra bonus that it plays games. I am sorry Sony but I am a gamer!! I want to feel the challange of killing someone else during an online battle or playing an RPG that I can just get lost in a fantasy world for a few hours. I could really care less about Talladega Nights!! Dont worry Sony. There are plenty of gamers that do care about watching Movies.

So to answer the question on which system is better for. It all depends on what you are looking for. If you want a dvd player than the ps 3 is the way to go. If you want gaming with a great online experience, then save $200 and get a xbox 360



Orignal From: Playstation 3 vs. Xbox 360

No comments: