Friday, April 18, 2008

Senseo Coffee Pod System - I like this system

Last Christmas, a Senseo Coffee Pod system was given to me as a gift.

In the beginning, I would use the pods strictly sold for the Senseo machines, and usually used a mug, which usually requires 2 pods, which are inserted together and makes a very substantial cup of coffee. And I would use the 2-cup holder and push the "right" button for an 8 oz. cup of coffee.

Recently, I purchased some various brands of pods from eBay, which are listed as being compatible with the Senseo Machine. Depending on how strong or weak you like your coffee, it can vary how you use your pods. On some pods they say, never put in more than one pod at a time (some pods may be a little fuller to put in two pods at a time - could leak, also). If you are using Senseo pods, you are able to use two pods at a time for an 8 ounce cup.

I did some experimenting, using various pods other than the Senseo brand (which is a tad expensive, comparatively). Keep in mind, if you are using the Senseo coffee, you can fit two pods in, at the same time, and brew hitting the 8-oz. button.

I am giving some Senseo machines for Christmas, with a variety of coffee pods, and I also purchased a reuseable(or eco) pod holder, for each machine, so that people can use their regular coffee, and I believe the secret to that, is to grind it very fine (drip, maybe), as it brews in 60 seconds for an 8 oz. cup (or 30 seconds for each 4 oz. cup.) Those reuseable holders also work for tea (loose, or put a tea bag, or two, in them, depending on your taste.).

To me, it's like having a mini Starbucks in my kitchen. So if you like experimenting, I think you might come up with a "brew" to your liking. If you buy the Senseo coffee pods, I like to take one decaffeinated pod with one medium pod and brew them together using the 8 oz. button. You also might do, one pod each, pushing the 4 oz. button twice, (filling the 8-oz. cup) for other pod brands. I mostly use the 2- cup pod holder. I find the 1-cup holder is usually good for doing the tea, as I usually use a 8 -12 oz. mug leaving room for milk/cream, lemon, etc. I have tried it with a tea bag by itself, but you might have leakage, or put tea in eco holder, and then in the one-cup holder. Make sure it is always sealed tightly before brewing.

Summing it all up, you can experiment with various brands that are compatible, but the best are the Senseo pods that are made for the Senseo Coffee System.



Orignal From: Senseo Coffee Pod System - I like this system

No comments: